Episcopal Church Women
Trinity's Episcopal Church Women's (ECW) group has helped to serve the community since its inception in 1833.
From 1952 to 1962, the ECW (then under the name of the Trinity Church Guild) divided into two groups based on the interests of its members. St. Elizabeth's Guild devoted their time and talents to sewing while St. Dunstan's Guild developed outreach projects. At the request of the Episcopal Diocese of Michigan, St. Elizabeth's and St. Dunstan's Guilds reorganized under the name Episcopal Church Women in 1963.
Crocheting for a Cause ...
One of the many projects the ECW is involved in is crocheting and knitting for the homeless out of plastic grocery bags. The plastic yarn or "plarn" is used to create thermal sleeping mats as well as tote bags for the homeless of Monroe County. The program started in 2017 and has been working since to provide homeless shelters, counseling services and local police agencies with a steady supply of the handmade articles.
Each year, the ECW holds a sale of their signature Jezebel Sauce in the spring and Cranberry Chutney in the fall. The proceeds from these fundraisers aid the ECW in providing community outreach projects throughout the year, such as supplying gift bags for residents in nursing homes who do not have family. Some of the many organizations the ECW helps are the Salvation Army food pantry, Fairview County Home, Safe House and Oaks of Righteousness Homeless Shelter.
Next Meeting ...
The next ECW meeting will be held in the parish hall at 7:00 P.M. on:
April 12, 2023